Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It is official....I HATE Microsoft!


I got up this morning at 6:30 to start a very long dictation. I couldn't get started because stupid Vista evidently connected to Microsoft last night and decided that my copy of Vista wasn't genuine so it basically held my laptop hostage. I entered the product code from the bottom of my laptop and it told me it was invalid. I bought this laptop 6 months ago brand new from Best Buy and unfortunately it came loaded with Vista and I have never had a problem (other than it is EXTREMELY slow to respond). But now all of a sudden Microsoft has decided that I'm a software pirate. It has an wizard with options to resolve the problem. None of them worked. I actually woke up Tom (I love having my own personal tech support.) and he called Microsoft and yelled at the automated thing, which by the way didn't work. So then he ended up having to speak to a Microsoft employee who interrogated him about where our copy of Vista came from, but when she realized that we didn't steal the copy of Vista (who would want to steal such an awful program???????), she gave us an activation code that let me see the desktop. But in true Microsoft form, I had to reboot my laptop because in the bottom right hand corner it was still saying that my copy of Microsoft Vista wasn't genuine. grrrrrrrr But after rebooting it went away. What's next? I hate Microsoft. If something else happens, I'm switching to Linux!

No comments: