Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This week stinks already!

It is only Tuesday and yet this is turning out to be the worst week in quite awhile. Yesterday Tom's truck started pouring oil out. He managed to drop Katie off at school and then come home. Thankfully, our wonderful cousin/neighbor next door picked up Katie from school for me (and even went the extra mile of taking her to McDonald's and letting her play and then back to their house to play some more....they were definitely my silver lining yesterday and I appreciate it soooooo much!!). But Tom took my van to work. I got his truck towed to the mechanic yesterday afternoon. One other silver lining we are going to have is that Tom will be able to ride to work with one of his coworkers, Kevin. That way Katie doesn't have to stay out of school or Brittanie have to give up her car. Tom doesn't like to drive Brittanie's car because it definitely looks like a teenaged girl's car. lol I did get some typing done because Katie was out of the house for so long. But this morning I got up to do more typing and turned on the TV, I like to have the little bit of background noise, and the projection bulb in our big screen TV went out the minute I turned it on. So I guess today I will be watching TV through the Slingbox.

So we are looking at probably $1000 for Tom's truck and $200 for the projection bulb. I'm scared to see what the rest of the week brings! *sigh*

ADDENDUM: I got a called from Katie's school and thought "Oh great! What now?" Katie has told her teacher 3 times this morning that her left ear hurts. I bet the tube has come out of that ear. So I made an appointment for her with Dr. Hicks right after school. Then the phone rang again....the mechanic. I was braced for the worst. He told me it was exactly what Tom thought it was...clogged PCV valve that blew the seals on the oil pan. $450. That's less than half of what we were expecting! I wanted to do a happy dance! Finding a good mechanic.....PRICELESS!!!

No comments: