Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Katie and her big sister

Katie's 5th birthday is October 30th and my niece, Tammie, sent her a My Little Pony baby and she LOVES it!!! It only leaves her hands to bathe and go to school. She took it to school today for Show and Tell.Today Brittanie had her Army physical and she got out just in time to pick up Katie for me. She decided to make a day of it and took Katie to shop for a Halloween costume (she is going to be Jasmine from Aladdin). She took her walking in the mall and let her ride the carousel in the mall. Then they went to McDonald's for a couple of hours so Katie go eat and then play in the playland. She is staying there till it is time to drop her off at Awana. Brittanie realized the other day when we were talking that Katie will be 10 when she graduates college and goes off to the Army. So she wants to make some good memories so she and Katie can always be close. So she started today by making this "sister day." Katie had a blast!

On a side note, we got Tom's truck back today. I love our mechanic. I called him and told him that I couldn't get the truck till tomorrow because I had no one to go with me up there to get it. He actually delivered it to me. I don't know if I mentioned this before but he is William's uncle. (William is Brittanie's best friend.) I didn't drive it but I was outside when he pulled up in it and it even sounds better. I am just glad it is back home!

No comments: