Saturday, October 20, 2007

What is this world coming to?

I have never allowed my girls to have anything to do with the Harry Potter series because of the magic and wizardry. Now I have another reason to not like it....one of the characters is gay. This series has a huge following with children, preteens, and teens. This is just wrong on so many levels....at least for me and my girls it is wrong. What other people chose to do with their kids is their business. But now that this latest development has come to light, I realize that we were right all along in keeping our girls away from this series.

Katie's school had sent home letters urging parents not to allow their kids to have anything to do with Harry Potter and they listed the reasons. I didn't bother reading it because I don't let other people, not even the church/Christian school, influence me to do or not do anything. Tom and I are responsible for the way our girls are raised...not others. So that's why we make those decisions ourselves. But I do agree with Katie's school regarding Harry Potter and here is another reason why.

My best friend, Jenny, has a quote that I really love...."What we tolerate, our children will embrace." Well our family is not tolerating Harry Potter at all...NONE of it.

No comments: