Sunday, April 27, 2008

Not quite a magical night

Well prom night started out well but it didn't end that way. Brittanie's date, Jeremy, got nauseous and so did her friend, Eryka, who she had set up with her friend William. So Brittanie had to bring both Eryka and Jeremy home. Well they get home and Brittanie said "Mom my foot hurts." She took one more step and stop dead in her tracks and said "Mom, it hurts like it did when I broke my foot....and this is the same foot." Now she broke that foot in 6th grade. But she has been running alot doing training to get read for her Army PT test on May 16th. Soooooooooo Courtney, William and Michael went with her to the ER last night around midnight to find out if it is broken. She has an ankle brace and an ACE wrap on it and it was still killing her. She took a prescription strength Aleve before she left. She was not a happy camper. I told her that's life baby.

She called me and told me the ER is packed out and she doesn't want to wait.
She wanted to wait till Monday to go to the doctor for it. I'm not waiting that long. I told her that if this is a hairline fracture, walking on it could turn it into a displaced fracture that needs surgery and she can kiss the Army goodbye. When I said that she teared up. She hadn't thought of that. So they came back here to play Rock Band on our big screen TV till 7am this morning! It is now noon and she and Courtney are upstairs comatose. lol

They did take some pictures at Finley Park after they ate at Grecian Gardens and before going to prom, as well as more pictures at prom. As soon as she gets those off of her camera, I will post those too.

No comments: