Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Status update.

I took Brittanie to her orthopedist today and thankfully her feet are not broken. She has tendonitis in both feet....MUCH worse on the left. She has alot of swelling on the left and he told her she was in danger of a stress fracture so stay off of it completely. He wrote her a script for a wheelchair but she said she is not going to school in a wheelchair unless there are casts on both of her feet because people at school are going to think she is a wuss. He gave her ankle braces for both of her feet. She can put a shoe on the right foot over the ankle brace so she is just going to use her crutches. He gave her an anti-inflammatory and ordered her to do steroid ultrasound physical therapy....whatever that is. But he said she will be better in a couple of days and 100% back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Tom says he feels ok as long as he is laying down. But when he sits up, he gets nauseous. Katie stopped up the front toilet last night putting 1/4 of a roll in at one time and he went all over the hous
e looking for the plunger but couldn't find it before getting nauseous and having to go lay back down. Well he got up again tonight and wanted to put the lymphedema wraps on my legs. I told him no! He went through the house looking for the plunger again. This time he found it, plunged the toilet, and had to go back to bed because he was nauseous again. This is what I was talking about in a previous post. He is not a typical man. A typical man would enjoy being able to sleep and relax. Not Tom. He is a work-a-holic and wants to pretend he isn't sick and can do everything he did before he got sick. But he can't! Tomorrow I will be taking the trash to the dump because if he gets up and sees that the trash can is full, he will want to do that too! Though he frustrates me because he takes GREAT care of us when we are sick but won't let me take care of him when he is sick, I must say that we are very lucky to have him because I know we will never have to worry about Tom not taking care of us. We are always his first priority. He's awesome....sick and everything.

On a happier note, I have a new picture of our beautiful niece, Leah. Look how big she has gotten! She looked like Jesse when she was first born and now she looks like her mom. She is just so precious. I can't wait to hold her. Since I'm the only one in the immediate family that hasn't held her yet, I want to be the first one to hold
her at her belated shower next month!

Isn't she beautiful??

No comments: