Thursday, April 17, 2008

What a week!

I'm so glad this week is almost over! It started with me getting a head and chest cold over the weekend. My doctor called in an antibiotic for me on Monday but it wasn't ready when I went to pick up Katie from school so I didn't get it till Tuesday. Tuesday, as soon as I got home from getting my prescription, I took one. Well within 30 minutes, I started itching. I have taken this antibiotic at least twice before in the last couple of years with no reaction but Tuesday, there it was. So I took an allergy tablet and a Prednisone tablet and that got rid of the itching but made me hung over. Tuesday night, Brittanie told Tom that her car was squeaking again. He checked it out and it is her brakes....again! He told her to call the two people who ride with her so they can make other arrangements and that she needs to get a ride to school also for Wednesday because her car is undriveable. Yesterday, I went for my lymphedema treatment and was told that I wasn't on the schedule. I was supposed to be on the schedule for everyday for two weeks. Luckily my therapist was there and was able to wrap my leg anyway and was out of there by 9. Well I had made an appointment with my sleep doctor at 10:20 so I hung out in my van talking to my mom on the cell phone till 10 and went inside and was informed that my appointment was the day before. grrrrrrrr I couldn't see the doctor because he was booked and had a plane to catch after he sees his appointments. So I went home and finished up the paperwork for Brittanie's apartment, picked her up from school, and took her paperwork to the apartment complex. When we got home from the apartment complex, I started feeling weird. My stomach was aching and I thought it may have been from all the coughing. But then it started feeling more queasy. To spare everyone the gory details, I had a virus. I was up all night long. I'm still not 100% better but now Tom is queasy. So chances are he will be up all night with it tonight. I was just lucky that he was able to take off work today to take care of me and to get Katie to and from school. I'm praying that Katie and Brittanie won't get it. There is a big chance Brittanie won't get it because she is usually upstairs away from the rest of us when we are sick. But Katie usually gets whatever we get, especially Tom because she is stuck to him like glue at all times. So yall pray for us that this virus goes away and stays gone!

I do have a funny story from yesterday to share. I was frustrated by not being able to see my sleep doctor yesterday and didn't feel like going home only to turn around and go back to West Columbia to get Katie from school. So I just went to get her out early. When I pulled up, they were just leaving the playground from recess. One of her classmates, Robin, came to the gate, which I was parked next to, and I had my window down telling her teacher I was taking Katie early. Robin asked me, "Who are you?" I said, "I'm Katie's mom." She said, "Is that a new car?" I said, "No." She said, "How many kids do you have?" I am not a kid person. I love my own and I love a few in the family and friends but as a whole, I'm not a kid person. So I just ignored the last question, hoping she was going to stop asking me questions. I was wrong. She persisted with "How many kids do you have that you need such a big car?" Again, I ignored her. Katie's teacher, Mrs. Stevens, then came to my van and was telling me that Katie told her about me having an infection on my leg. While I was talking to the teacher, Robin opened the sliding door on the driver's side of my van and said "What's back here?" Mrs. Stevens closed the door back and then walked around the van to help Katie in. As soon as she opened the passenger front door to put Katie in, Robin's head popped in and she was looking around my van. Mrs. Stevens moved her back and buckled Katie up. While she was buckling Katie, Robin opened the passenger side sliding door and said "What's back here?" Mrs. Stevens promptly closed it back and said "Robin! Nosey!" Just when I think Katie can drive me nuts, it takes me being around kids like the quiz master to know how truly blessed I am. lol

Today, Katie gave Tom an invitation to her classmate's birthday party Saturday at the bowling alley in Irmo. She was excited about going but said "But he's a Clemson fan." LOL We told her that's ok. She said "I don't have to wear orange to his party do I?" We assured her that she didn't have to wear orange. I just love her hatred of all things Clemson. hehehe

No comments: