Monday, April 21, 2008

Pretty good Monday

Katie started throwing up again this morning so I gave her a suppository before leaving for my lymphedema treatment. My wonderful cousin, Jessica, (ok so technically she is Tom's cousin but I have been in this family 19 years so I get to claim her too!) came over at 7am to stay with her while Tom and I go for my treatment. Between the treatments and the virus last week, I have lost 27 pounds in 2 weeks!!! YAY!! Makes having that virus worth it that's for sure!

Today she decided that the left leg was just about done and she wrapped my right leg for the first time. The wound on the left leg is considerably smaller. Another wound had actually formed above the original one and it is all healed up now. So things are going great. The first day that I was wrapped on my left leg, it moved so much fluid out that the wrapping literally fell off of my leg by that night. I'm hoping for the same thing tonight. We had taken the foam off of my left leg but she put it back on today to protect the healed wound from breaking open again. So I have foam on both of my legs and am walking like the Michelin man. But that's ok. I can deal with that. I'm excited about the progress my left leg has made and can't wait to see the same thing on the right!

When I got home, Katie had just gotten up. She said she feels fine but she kissed Tom and I and went back to bed. Well I'm going to go check on her before starting to type. Have a good Monday!

No comments: