Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I forgot the best thing!

I almost forgot the best part of my day yesterday was picking up Katie and seeing a note from her teacher taped to her diaper bag. It said that Katie had a very good day and that last Thursday was a battle of wills. But yesterday she sat down at the table with everyone and ate with her spoon and obeyed all day. It even said "Way to go, Katie" and was signed by her teacher. I was so proud of her. Last Thursday, Mrs. Julie had a talk with me about the need to spank Katie because she was kicking, biting, and hitting the other children. She didn't want to sit at the table and eat. She was just defiant and they thought that time outs were no longer effective and needed to step it up to a swat on the butt with a ruler. She said they would call me before doing it. I told her that I spank her at home so no need to call me. Do it! But she hasn't needed it and then had a really good day yesterday too. Putting her in Grace's daycare is the best thing I have ever done. She is much better behaved at home even since she started there. (Thanks for praying, Denise!)

I am going to keep her there through K3 but the plan is to move her to Ben Lippen, which is a Christian school that has uniforms, when she starts K4. But I know with the foundation Grace has set in daycare, she will be ready when that time comes.

No comments: