Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Just another manic Monday

I am behind on my typing....AGAIN....and after bringing Katie to daycare, I came home and should have started typing but the phone rang and I stupidly answered it and got stuck in a 2 hour conversation. By that time, it was time to leave to go have lunch with Samantha. I hadn't seen Samantha in 3 weeks and was going through withdrawals so typing or no typing, I was going to have lunch with her. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Sandra was there as she had taken the day off for a couple of doctor's appointments. So I was able to talk to her too, which is a rare treat since she is always working when I have lunch with Sam. I do love both of them so much! I love Jimmy too but Sandra and Samantha are my favorites. I had the added bonus of Melissa (who I adore) coming by with her new baby boy, Hunter, while I was visiting with Samantha. He is truly one of the most precious baby boys I have ever seen. I loved holding him but definitely had to give him back because those old feelings of wanting another baby were starting to pop up again and when I'm not around a baby and can think straight, I KNOW I don't want another one. But I'm a sucker for baby boys as I have always wanted one of my own but God had a different plan for us. But I got home and was sleepy and instead of typing, I layed down and tried to take a nap, thinking that I would get up refreshed and ready to type. But I didn't. I picked up Brittanie at 5 and headed to West Columbia to pick up Katie from daycare and my friend, Misi, asked me that morning to pick up her daughter from her daycare for her since it is right down the road from Katie's daycare. So I got Katie first then went to get Misi's daughter, Mallorie. Places like Mallorie's daycare makes me appreciate Grace soooooooooooo much!!! I got there and it was POURING down rain. Brittanie got out for me and took my license to go get Mallorie. Well Mallorie doesn't know Brittanie so she wouldn't go to her so they made me get out in the pouring rain to go get her. Mallorie knows me but not very well. She didn't come to me but wasn't clinging to the daycare worker like she did with Brittanie. But the place was in a home and cluttered with junk and had a funky smell to it. It was gross. I couldn't help comparing it to Grace. Grace has NEVER had a DSS violation ever. The place is cleaned daily and has a clean smell to it as well as it IS clean and junk free. But it falls back on "you get what you pay for." Grace costs $480 a month for a 4 week month and $600 on a 5 week month. It is worth every penny! The one Mallorie goes to takes the welfare voucher so it is free and look what you get. It is just as bad as the daycare in Gaston. Praise God I don't have to put Katie in one of those type of places. Even when we were struggling to make it in Louisiana, we had Brittanie in a Baptist church daycare and it was just like Grace....only less expensive....but that was 12 years ago.

Anyway, I left that nasty daycare, ran by Food Lion to get another pack of chicken for dinner, came home, cooked supper, and was just too tired to do anything. Tom, on the other hand, came home in a good mood and fixed the drawer that Katie broke in the kitchen, vacuumed up the mess Katie made in the living room, and was very energetic and chipper. It was GREAT!! But I was too tired to enjoy it long. I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 4:30 this morning to start typing....which is what I should be doing now but I wanted to get my blog done before I forgot what I wanted to say.

By the way, Brittanie's promotion board ceremony is August 30th and she REALLY wanted company commander. 1st Sgt told her that Green is next in line for that position so her next position down would have been 1st Lt. but that is more of a "work behind the scenes" position and she is too much of a leader for that so he will make her 1st Sgt so she can command the Let 1's. She was happy with that because she enjoys working with her Let 1's. Everybody pray for her on that day. That morning she has an appointment at 11:30 to find out if there is anything broken in her back then she has promotion board at 3:30 that afternoon. It is going to be a big day for her so please remember her when you pray. Also lift her up where her grades are concerned. She has block classes this year, which is 4 classes until Christmas and then come back in January and start 4 new classes. She LOVES this because she is better able to get her stuff done and study effectively without being overwhelmed with 8 classes. Well so far, she has made A's on all tests and quizzes. She is even studying through lunch in the library. She wants to maintain a 4.0 through her last 3 years in high school to get into West Point. Please pray that she will be able to get that 4.0 but that God's will be done as far as where she goes to college. I know she REALLY wants West Point but she is a mama's girl and struggled being away from me for 3 days while she was in Myrtle Beach during cheerleading camp this summer. So just pray for her....and for me because if she really goes to West Point, I'm going to cry till she comes home for Christmas! hahaha

No comments: