Friday, August 12, 2005

Problem solved

Well the cheerleading versus rifle team problem is solved but not without a few tears shed. The cheerleading coach was unwilling to compromise. All she needed to give up was 30 minutes of her Wednesday practice and Brittanie could have done both. But she refused and Brittanie was forced to chose between rifle team and cheerleading. Not surprisingly, she chose rifle team. Now that she isn't doing cheerleading, she can also do drill team with JROTC. So she gets two activities for one. But she worked so hard all summer, missed JROTC camp to go to cheerleading camp, and it is all for nothing....all because of 30 minutes. She cried and she is scared that the cheerleaders will be mad at her and turn others against her at school. But she has to be true to her heart and her heart is with JROTC. It also is going to be so useful in her future as an Army officer. But that sure didn't make it any easier. I feel for her but I'm glad the decision is made and over with. We took her out to eat at O'Charley's tonight and that cheered her up. Let's hope it lasts.

Well I'm pooped and going to bed. Joanie came and cleaned my house today and it is spotless and I LOVE IT!! I'm going to climb into my bed with my freshly washed sheets and sleep myself into oblivion.

G'night yall!

No comments: