Friday, August 05, 2005

My kingdom for a quiet moment

It's funny, I am always wishing for quiet time with nothing to do but when I have it, I'm restless and bored.

Sunday night, I took Brittanie and her friend, Lacy, to see Hilary Duff in concert. Brittanie won "Meet and Greet" passes so she and Lacy both were able to take pictures with Hilary. Here is Brittanie's picture:

I went to see a movie while they were in the concert and I got back to the coliseum a half hour before the concert was over so I read some. Well after Brittanie and Lacy got back to the car, the man who was parked in front of me tapped on my window and asked me to jump him off because he had left his lights off. He didn't know what he was doing. He kept swapping the cables from one post to the other. I was scared to death he would blow up my battery. How hard is it to match red to red and black to black? Thankfully, the battery didn't blow and we got home at 11:45pm.

Monday was a typical day in my life. I took Katie to daycare, had lunch with Samantha, came home and picked up Brittanie and Lacy, took them to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (what a waste of time and money that was!), dropped Lacy off at home, picked up Katie from daycare, dropped off Brittanie at Silver Jax for cheerleading class, came home and made dinner, fed Katie, bathed Katie and put her to bed. I was exhausted by the time I got in bed. I don't even remember putting my CPAP on!

Tuesday, I got all of my typing done and was so proud of myself. But I didn't do as well Wednesday. I typed that morning but that afternoon I had to take Brittanie to see her orthopedist for her back pain. This has been a problem for her for years. Dr. Piehl is great. He took x-rays and they were normal but he said he has been seeing stress fractures in athletes alot so he wanted to make sure that isn't what we are dealing with. So he ordered an MRI and that will give him a better look at the bone structure as well as her spinal cord. That is scheduled for August 18th. After her appointment, we picked up Katie and headed home. I was so tired for some reason and just wanted to go home and relax. Well Brittanie reminded me that she needed pink flip flops for her first day of school outfit and the first day of school is Thursday.
So we tried calling Tom, who was at a ColaLUG meeting but his meeting was running long so he couldn't call us back. So at 9pm, I grabbed Katie and Brittanie and off to Wal-Mart we went. We got the flip flops and they are pretty but I was too tired to finish up the last hour and a half of typing I had left. When I got home, Tom came home right behind me and bathed Katie and got her ready for bed and we all went to bed....except Brittanie who primped until 1am and then was up at 5:30am to get ready for school this morning!

Here is Brittanie's first day of school outfit:


And here are the infamous flip flops:


Notice anything strange about her ankles? She sprained her right ankle Monday night at cheerleading. So one is really swollen. She had been wearing an ankle brace but it just didn't go with the flip flops. So she didn't wear it to school today. hehehe

I got all of my typing done today and was so proud of myself! This afternoon, the craziness that is my life continued. I picked up Brittanie and my friend, Misi's daughter, Tristen, from school, dropped Tristen off at home. Misi came out and asked me to go by IGA and pick her up some cranberry juice since I was going to IGA anyway. So I ran to IGA, stood in the line of the slowest cashier on the planet, ran home to get my debit card, went to Grace to pick up Katie, to the bank to deposit my paycheck, ran by Misi's and dropped off her cranberry juice, then home. But it doesn't end there, I "cajunized" turkey drumsticks and popped them in the oven, made some Julienne potatoes and talked to Katie to see how her day was. Then I talked to Brittanie about her day. Tom got home and we all watched Big Brother....which is my all time favorite show for the past 6 years....I'm addicted. Tom put Katie to bed because she ate a spaghetti kid's meal for dinner and she was so tired by 9pm. After she went to bed, we ate our turkey and potatoes and now that I finally have time to play a POGO game, I'm too tired and need to go to bed.

But you know, I'm not complaining. I LOVE my family. I am thrilled to be able to do for them and it is a good tired when I get in bed at night. I'm so blessed!!! I'm also blessed to have one of my best friends in Florida worry about me when I don't update my blog. She's the best! I love ya, Denise!!

G'night yall!

No comments: