Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Definitely need prayer

Katie is still struggling with her allergies and running a little low grade fever. She is pitiful and I've kept her home from daycare this week because she just doesn't feel good. Please continue to pray for her because she is taking 5 medications orally, plus a nasal spray, plus Tylenol and Motrin for her low grade fever. That's ALOT for a 2-year-old.

I need everyone to pray for my family in Louisiana that just went through Hurricane Katrina. We were blessed that my mom and the rest of my immediate family wasn't affected other than problems with the phone lines as a result of the New Orleans devastation. But my mom's first cousin had just bought a brand new double wide and it was right by where the levee broke on the West Bank of New Orleans. They also have a home in Port Barre, near where my mom lives, so at least they aren't homeless. But their kids live there and also lost their homes and jobs. So they are all huddled up at the home in Port Barre wondering what to do next. I have family that live in LaPlace that will be allowed back home today but most work in New Orleans so they have no jobs.

I have absolutely no desire to ever move back to Louisiana because I truly love South Carolina but Louisiana is still home to me. It really hurts to see all the devastation down there. We all need to pray for everyone touched by this hurricane. I put myself in their place because if this happened to us, we are insured but that doesn't help for right now and it also will never replace pictures and locks of hair from your child's first haircut, and all the other memories people have collected over the years. I look at the pictures of my dad and realize that if we were to lose our house and all the contents, I would never have pictures of him again as he is gone and can't take more. It is truly a heartbreaking situation. We need to pray for the police officers down in New Orleans. Their jobs were hard enough before but it is so much worse now with those horrible people looting and one even shot an officer in the head. We should never question God but sometimes I wonder why we have people like that in the world while good people die daily.

Anyway, this is definitely the time to get closer to God and pray for those in need and thank him for the MANY blessings we often take for granted.

No comments: