Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday night at the Collard Festival

Tonight was the start of the 24th annual Gaston Collard Festival and there are a couple of stories I had to share. First off, there was a couple with their little boy, who was about 3 years old, sitting at the top of the bleachers behind me. He kept throwing something up in the air and his parents told him to stop and he asked them "Why? Cuz I'm going to throw it so high it is going to hit Jesus in the face?" That was just too cute!

The second was Katie watching the fireworks. The Collard Festival has an outstanding fireworks show. Katie loved every minute of it. She kept screaming "Wow! I can't believe it!!" She was so adorable tonight.

We are looking forward to tomorrow. Katie LOVED the Gaston Christmas Parade. I'm sure the Collard Festival Parade will be just as exciting. Tom is going to take her to the parade while I go open up the canteen for Brittanie's JROTC rifle/drill/color guard competition.

Yall have a good weekend!

No comments: