Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pray for Tom

This morning after Tom got out of the shower, he bent down for some reason and pulled a muscle in his back. I have never seen him in so much pain. He put his shoes on but couldn't finish tieing the last shoe because it hurt to move or even breathe. I had one Zanaflex left, which is a nonnarcotic muscle relaxer but it is powerful, and gave that to him. I wanted to put an Icy Hot patch on it but he said the area was too big. I had to run Katie to school and when I got back he was laying on his stomach in the bed sleeping. The Zanaflex evidently kicked in because he was miserable before I left no matter what position he was in. Lets pray that this is a one time thing and will be better when he wakes up.

Knowing Tom, he is going to wake up, hung over from the Zanaflex but not in as much pain, and try to go to work. I say try because I won't let him. That man is a workaholic. His motto has always been "Don't call in, crawl in." He HATES missing work. So for him to stay home today, you know he is hurting!

So everyone help me pray that this goes away quick. Tom has a high threshold for pain so for him to be down and out like this, it must be bad!

No comments: