Saturday, September 23, 2006

Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate!

I will never understand some people! Brittanie's boyfriend, Randy, is a sweet guy and when motivated, can make really good grades. He isn't into alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc. He is a good guy with a bright future. But last night, his dad was drunk but his mom was sober and listening when his dad told him that Randy was his son and he is going to be a loser just like him. He said he shouldn't be dating someone like Brittanie who wants to change him into not being a loser and that he should just accept it and be a loser like his dad. No this wasn't reverse psychology. He was serious. Who wants their kid to be a loser? I thought even losers wanted better for their kids. I like his mom but I couldn't believe she just sat there and let him say that stuff. Randy couldn't even talk back. He and his mom have learned that arguing with someone who is drunk is stupid and pointless and can turn into a huge mess. So basically he had to take it. But his mom didn't go to him afterwards and tell him that his dad was wrong for what he said and encourage him. I don't get that! I know people who would kill to have a son like Randy. Since he and Brittanie have started dating, his grades are up and he is going to church everytime the doors are open. Normal people would think these are good things. I just don't get it.

Please pray for this family. I think his mom is a wonderful and sweet person. She probably just doesn't know what to do when he drinks like this. I'm going to be praying that Randy stays the course of living up to his potential, which is all Brittanie wants for him, despite the negative influences at home.

No comments: