Monday, August 06, 2007

The busy school year starts early for Brittanie

Brittanie had a JROTC meeting today and she will be conducting a JROTC leadership camp starting tomorrow and ending Friday. While she was at school today, she got her schedule changed. She had signed up for speech but evidently not enough people signed up for speech so they signed her up for Spanish 2. Spanish 1 was a nightmare for Brittanie and she barely passed. We definitely don't want her GPA to go in the toilet for something stupid like Spanish. So she got it changed to Chorus 3. So here is how her senior year is going to go.

1st Semester:

PE 3 (Weight lifting)
Probability and Statistics
Chorus 3 (show choir)
JROTC 4

2nd Semester

US Government/Economics
English 4
Chorus 2 (concert choir)
Biology 2

Brittanie found out today that as Battalion Commander, she is required to attend not only Swansea's military ball but also the military balls of White Knoll High, Airport High, BC High, Dutch Fork High, and Pelion High. She broke that news to John tonight and since John isn't going back to JROTC next year, he will have to rent a tux each time. He mentioned that it was $150 per rental. If that is true, it would probably be cheaper for him to buy his own tux. That's 6 rentals for military balls and then one more for prom. I'm sure he can buy a tux for less than $1050! But between all those formal events, rifle team, drill team, color guard (which color guard not only has competitions but also performs at all home football games), plus show choir and concert choir competitions, it is going to be an extremely busy year. But she is looking forward to it. I'm so proud of her. She has been working on summer making notes of what she wanted to accomplish with her battalion this year. After her meeting today, she went to McDonald's and sat down to eat lunch and work on some things that was talked about at the meeting today. She preferred to do that at McDonald's because with Katie at home, McDonald's is much more peaceful than our house.

Speaking of Katie, she had yet another episode tonight. I was trying to talk to her and she plugged her ears and went "NAH NAH NAH I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU! NAH NAH NAH!" I told her that was very disrespectful and it will not be tolerated because she will listen to every word I tell her. Then I told her to get her toys out of the living room and go to bed. She told me she was sorry. I told her that she is only sorry because I am sending her to bed. She denied that. I told her that it didn't matter, she is going to bed....NOW! As she was picking up her toys, she started crying saying "ooooh I wish you would just forgive me. God wants us to forgive one another." I told her that I do forgive her but there are consequences for your actions. Even God punishes after He forgives. And the consequence for her action tonight is going to bed. She told me that God loved her more than I love her. I said "you got that right. Because God will listen to everything you say. I am not listening to you anymore. Shut your mouth and go to bed!" She went to bed and I could hear the water in her waterbed, meaning she was having a tantrum in her bed. I told her she can kick and flail all she wants but this is HER fault. She said "No it is your fault because you can't forgive!" My reply to that was "shut up and go to sleep!" What a long day!!!!!!!!

No comments: