Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm so excited!!

Tom comes home today and I'm thrilled. The last week and a half has brought back memories of his trips to Ireland, which were pure torture for us. I can't wait till 2:30!!! I am going to be sitting at that airport waiting and will pick him up as soon as he steps out of the airport door! I don't understand women that enjoy their husband being away from them. I hate it. But Tom is my husband and my best friend so it is especially hard to be away from him. Ok enough mushy stuff.

Yesterday was Brittanie's first day of leadership camp. She was teaching the upcoming Let 1's....first year JROTC cadets. In that class was Brittanie's cousin, Allan. Brittanie is pretty excited to have him in JROTC this year. It is going to be her last year at Swansea and she is hoping that Allan will like JROTC as much as she does and advance like she has and become Battalion Commander like she did. Well I talked to Jenny (Allan's mom) last night and she said he really liked it. Brittanie said she was very pleased with the number of cadets that showed up. It wasn't a required camp. She had 53 cadets show up! She came home and worked on what she was going to be teaching them today. She is so dedicated. I think Brittanie would make a good teacher....she enjoyed teaching her class last year when she was a company commander. But she wants to make real money so that is going to keep her from becoming a teacher.

Brittanie has registration today and will have to pay her fees, get her new ID, new parking permit, and get her permanent schedule. Well I was adding up her fees and it annoys me as much as paying 1/3 of our income in taxes! We pay ALOT of income tax, we pay ALOT of property tax, and still the fees are $78!!! And of course we are going to want a yearbook so when those go on sale in the next week or so, you can add another $65! Oh by the way, that $78 doesn't include lunch money. Brittanie told me she doesn't want lunch money. She will bring her lunch this year. I'm not complaining because we can't afford it, because we can afford it. But it still irritates me that we should have to afford it after paying outrageous amounts of property taxes.

Ok, I've gotten mushy, I've gotten positive, and I've gotten mad....time to shut up and work. hehehe I want to get my typing done before Tom gets home!! Yall have a good day!

No comments: