Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tom's child, Katie

While Katie may share some of my features, she is all Tom's kid. It just amazes me how much she is like Tom. Yesterday was her day to do Show and Tell at school. She didn't want to do it. Tom wasn't going to make her do it. I told him that I wanted her to do it because it was like homework and it is her turn. So we made her find something to take. She picked a bear my mom gave her for Valentine's Day and stomped to Tom's truck so he could take her to school. He said all the way to school she griped about show and tell being stupid and how she didn't want to do it. She told me basically the same thing the day before....that she didn't care about other kids' toys and didn't want to sit there and listen to them talk about their toys either. Is that Tom or what? By the way, she did the show and tell. According to her teacher, she got up in front of the class and said "Here's my bear" and wanted to sit down but the teacher asked questions about the bear, making her talk about it. Katie told me when I picked her up that she hated it. LOL

Well last night we were getting ready to go to church and she was complaining, once again, about her shoes. Now I bought her nice Skechers shoes with lights on the side and everything. She thinks they are pretty but she has been complaining that she "didn't like the way they made her feet look." I couldn't figure out what she was talking about. Well she said it again last night and I told Tom and he explained it to me. Katie doesn't like the pattern of the sock that appears on her feet after she takes her shoes off. That pickiness is definitely from Tom. Tom is extremely detail oriented and that's why he is GREAT at troubleshooting anything and everything. The littlest things never get by him. Katie is going to be the same way.

AWANA (Approved workmen are not ashamed) Club started last night at Grace and I found out that Brittanie's K3 teacher, Mrs. Barnes, was going to be Katie's teacher in Cubbies at AWANA. So Tom and I dropped her off at AWANA and we had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Brittanie was at our church. (Our church doesn't have AWANA.) Tom and I don't usually go to church on Wednesday night. Since AWANA is from 7 to 8:30pm, we can have a date every Wednesday! It was nice to be just the two of us and sit there and talk. Katie loved AWANA. She came running out of the building to the van with a huge smile on her face and told me she had a great time.

No comments: