Thursday, August 16, 2007

Very productive day!

I got up early and knocked out a dictation and just as I was finishing, Katie got up. That meant that Brittanie had to get up since she watches Katie for me while I'm working. But today I decided to tackle Katie's closet. I knew that there were alot of clothes that she could no longer wear in her closet that I had to get rid of to make room for her new school clothes. Brittanie grabbed a laundry basket and would load it up with clothes from the hangers and bring it to me to go through. We had Katie try on a few things and we kept a few things but 99% of what was in there was put to the side to donate to His House Ministries. We also cleaned out Katie's cabinet that her Uncle Eddie built her to put her clothes in. We tossed out just about everything....all the shorts, socks, underwear, and PJ's were tight and all had to go. By the time we were done, we had 5 big 39 gallon lawn and leaf bags packed full of clothes to donate plus a couple of dresses that had been dry cleaned and were on a hanger, an angel costume and a pageant dress that all stayed on hangers. We also tossed out TONS of wire hangers. I HATE wire hangers! Ok so I'm not as bad as Joan Crawford....not by a mile....but I do hate those things. We tossed them out and hung everything on thick plastic hangers, which we ended up with tons of after taking 99% of her clothes off of them.

Don't worry, Katie has clothes to wear. I had been holding off on putting her new school clothes in her closet because I knew it had to be cleaned out first. Now it is all organized and nice. Her cabinet has her new Disney Princess undies, ankle socks, and new shorts to wear under her school dresses. We have her school supplies all bagged up complete with a full change of clothes in a Ziploc bag.....all ready to go for open house at Grace tomorrow night. School starts Monday for Katie and Tuesday for Brittanie. I'm sooooooooo excited!!!

Remember the post awhile back about Tom being cheap. He made me laugh Monday night because he ran to Wal-Mart after work to get Katie's school supplies. I had made him a list of what Grace's paperwork said she needed. One of the things on the list was 5 glue sticks. Tom decided that was nuts and 4 big glue sticks were enough....so he only bought 4. I swear he squeaks when he walks. LOL I'll get a note Monday telling me to send the other glue stick. But that's ok, I got a good laugh out of it anyway.

No comments: