Friday, August 17, 2007

She's in for a rude awakening!

Brittanie and I were talking about her classes at Carson-Newman next year and how early she would have to get up for PT. So I went to the website and found out that PT is Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6am to 7am. That's when I noticed a class called Bushcraft Skills. Here is the description:

103. Bushcraft Skills, 1 hour, Fall, Spring
Instruction in adventure-oriented skills necessary for outdoor survival. Focus is on basic leadership development with a hands-on approach to classroom instruction. Includes techniques of camping, land navigation, marksmanship and life survival skills. Two class periods of one hour each per week. Lab fee.

When I read it to Brittanie, her only response was "I'm not eating a bug. I will give my life for my country but I'm not eating a bug!" Boy is she in for a rude awakening. A couple of Tom's coworkers have gone through Marine training and one was in Army ROTC in college. From the stories I've heard, she will be eating bugs in this type of training. I told her I wish someone would record that. I can't imagine Brittanie doing outdoor training. She and I are not the camping type and her sense of direction stinks big time. She will never make it out of the woods! LOL

No comments: