Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

We had a pretty good day today. The girls gave Tom what he wanted...socks. Brittanie baked him a penguin cake that says "We love Dad." And we took him to O'Charley's in Lexington for lunch. After lunch we drove around looking for a neighborhood we would like to live in. It is no secret to anyone that knows us that we want to leave Gaston. Brittanie asked us to please not move until she graduates from college because she LOVES her room...even though she will be living in an apartment in Columbia, she still wants the option to come back to her room when she wants. That will give us time to update the house and get it ready to put on the market anyway. He surprised me by wanting a house by the lake. But I understand his thinking. Properties around the lake are very expensive and will keep out the undesireables. I'm thrilled. I love the lake. He said one weekend we will go back and go all around the lake. I love Chapin so that's my vote. But I will be happy just to leave Gaston.

I do have a funny story to share! On the way to O'Charley's, Tom, Brittanie, and I were talking about one of her friends who hates his mom because his mom has told him numerous times that she doesn't like him
and can't wait till he moves out. I was surprised by this because I have talked to his mom when she helped work the canteen for JROTC with me. If she really didn't like him, why go to his JROTC competition and work in the canteen even?? But I did remember that she talked ALOT about her daughter and not at all about her sons. I made the comment that sometimes parents who have a daughter first, who is calm and sweet, and then have a kid, who is more rambunctious than your first child, you can develop a resentment for the amount of trouble that child is in comparison to the first child. But you have to separate the behavior from the child. When I said that, Katie immediately asked me "Are you accusing me of something???" I told her no. But I couldn't believe she was reading into that that I was speaking from experience on that one. She is 5 years old and so perceptive!! She amazes me. I hope she uses her intellect for good and not bad when she gets older or we are all in trouble. LOL

Brittanie didn't want to take a picture because she was messy from doing the cake. But Katie jumped right up there to take a picture with daddy.
First the normal smile. Then she wanted a picture with a goofy smile. I tried to get him to look at the picture before I blogged it but he told me it was ok. So this picture was posted with his permission....sight unseen. lolTonight after Katie got her bath, she tried to give Tom one of her toys as a Father's Day present. I told her that she and Brittanie gave Daddy socks for Father's Day. She said "Well that isn't a very good present." Tom told her that is exactly what he wanted though. She said "Well good luck because socks aren't very fun." She's a hoot!!

No comments: