Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend update

We had a good weekend. It was very relaxing. Brittanie drove to Fort Gordon and picked up Jonathan and he spent the weekend with us. He and Brittanie went to see a movie yesterday and he replaced the battery in his car so he can use it while he is down here.

I was able to talk to him alot and I'm just so proud of him. I know he is all grown up. He is 27. But he will always be my little boy that I fell in love with when he was born. But this weekend I realized how mature he is, especially as we talked about his career and financial planning. I know character comes from within and he was born compassionate and just plain wonderful. But the Army has made a responsible and mature man out of him. I'm just glad we will get to see him every weekend.

After Brittanie and Jonathan got back from their movie, she went to see "Get Smart" and have dinner with her friend, Chris. He is leaving today to go to college. I am assuming he is taking summer classes?? But she said goodbye to Aaron last week and Chris this week. Reality is setting in that things won't ever be the same again. But as old friends leave, new friends appear. She is really loving her job. She said her coworkers are great. Her managment at Bi-Lo is wonderful. It isn't a very stressful job.....yet. I told her wait until Thanksgiving time comes around and you will see stressful. LOL I am glad she has a job she looks forward to going to.

I have a funny story about Katie from this weekend. We have talked to her about strangers and how she should run to us if someone approaches her that she doesn't know because they could take her and we would never see her again. Well Saturday Jessica came over and Katie knows her but didn't recognize her truck. Well Katie came flying in the house crying and shrieking, "They're gonna take me! They're gonna take me!" and jumping behind Tom's recliner. She was having a total meltdown! Tom jumped up and picked her up and held her and I told her that is probably Jessica. I was expecting her. Well Jessica came in and tried to reassure her that it was only her. But Katie was too freaked out. She adores Jessica but she just wanted daddy to hold her until she calmed down. I have never seen her like that before. Poor baby. We told her she did the right thing by screaming and coming to us. But it took awhile for her to get back to normal. LOL

No comments: