Sunday, June 01, 2008

It's all over!!

Brittanie is officially a high school graduate! It was quite a busy week. My mom, my 2 sisters, and my goddaughter, Lyndsie, drove in from Louisiana Wednesday afternoon. My godson, Jonathan, and his wife and 2 girls flew in from Germany Wednesday night. We all went to Yamato's Thursday night. Graduation was Friday. Her party/cook-out was Saturday. The Louisiana crew went home Sunday morning. Jonathan and his family flew to Orlando this morning to continue their vacation at Disney.
Brittanie and daddyBrittanie and Katie
Brittanie and Jessica (my beautiful cousin...ok technically Tom's cousin but I claim her!)Eryka, Brittanie, and Courtney (Triple Trouble hehehe) Brittanie and my beautiful goddaughter, LyndsieSarah, Brittanie, and my uber handsome godson, Jonathan. Brittanie with my biological sisters, Aimee on the left and Jeannette on the right.Brittanie and Jacob
Brittanie and Grandpa (Tom's dad)Brittanie and her grandmothers...Tom's mom on the left and my mom on the right.It's all over!!

My camera was acting up graduation night and not wanting to focus so all the pictures are blurry! GRRRRRR I kept getting Error 99 on the screen. But we did get a video of her getting her diploma. After she got her diploma, she walked across the stage and you will see a woman in a white suit come up and hug her. That's Paula O. She is on our school board and was sitting by the rest of the school board members. She loves Brittanie. Brittanie and her son, Hank, were talking for awhile but nothing ever came of it. But Paula and her husband love Brittanie and would love to see Brittanie and Hank together. She's so sweet!! Also, when Brittanie walked off stage and moved her tassel over to the other side, she waved to the side. She was waving at her second daddy, First Sgt Cannon. She hugged him after the ceremony was over. He is awesome and she is really going to miss him.





The party was great! It wouldn't have been a success without Tom and Jonathan manning the grill, Frank and Will doing the music, Lynn organizing everything (she is so wonderful!!) and Sarah taking the kids to the playground so that they could have fun and not drive us nuts because they were bored. It was really hot out there and we really appreciate everyone who helped!! Katie played hard that day. She was so hot! Posing for the camera. She is such a ham! lolBrittanie cheering after her team scored. The guy in green is Jessica's brother, Allan. Brittanie had a blast at her party. She was the only girl playing football out there with the guys. But when you are friends with mainly guys, you have to expect them to do things that girls just wouldn't do. Like when girls say goodbye, they hug and walk away. This is how a guy says goodbye after playing football in 92 degree heat for hours. LOLJacob saying a sweaty goodbye. (above)
William showing the love with his sweaty armpit!

For those who are wondering...yes I did cry at graduation. I cried as the graduates marched in, when they called Brittanie's name to give her the diploma, when they marched out, outside in the parking lot watching her take pictures with everyone, and again as we were leaving the restaurant after graduation. I love her and I'm just so proud of her!! If you think that was bad, wait till August 16th when she moves into her apartment. I know that won't be pretty! But Tom and I did a good job with her. One down....one to go!

No comments: