Monday, June 23, 2008

I love Circuit City!

Our vacuum cleaner died the week of Brittanie's graduation. It was a Bissell bagless. We have decided bagless is WAY over rated and we hate it. Tom did some research and I reminded him of the little Dirt Devil we had when we lived in Gramercy, LA. It had major suction and lasted a long time. So we found a bagged Dirt Devil with excellent ratings. It wasn't available in stores so we ordered it from the Dirt Devil website. They claimed they had it in stock when we ordered it. A week later, we noticed our order status was now back ordered. So I called and asked how long it would be back ordered. I was told that they just got a shipment in and they would be shipping it out to me in 2 days. The very next day, Tom received an email from Dirt Devil telling them that our order had been canceled because that vacuum cleaner was now only sold through Target. WHY didn't they tell me that the day before when I called????? So I found it on Circuit City for $6 more than the Dirt Devil site but they offered free shipping. Plus we had bought my mom a phone for Christmas through Circuit City and when I went to pick it up, it wasn't ready and waiting for me so they gave me a $24 gift card to make up for the fact that it wasn't ready. So I bought our vacuum cleaner through Circuit City and used the gift card, which paid 1/3 of it. So out of pocket, we came out better getting it through Circuit City.

According to the tracking number, it should arrive tomorrow. I know I'm old because I'm actually excited about a new vacuum cleaner! lol

We have always bought stuff from Circuit City, especially at Christmas. They are great and customer service is excellent. I highly recommend them!

No comments: