Monday, June 23, 2008

She's excited!!

I was telling Brittanie about the commercial I saw for Steve Spurrier's Ladies Football Clinic and she got all excited and wanted to do it. She called the number we found on the website and it was Steve Spurrier's office. That was a big deal to her too. lol (She laughs at me for being easily impressed but she is just like me!) She has officially signed up for the clinic. She asked me if I would pay for it because we always paid for her summer camps. I told her "Yep but you have graduated now. So things are different now." She gave me that puppy dog face that I can't resist so I told her to ask her daddy. She called him at work but he didn't answer and she didn't leave a message. We talked about it when he got home. He was happy that she wanted to go to that clinic and told me we would pay for it but not until right before the clinic. He wants her to think he isn't paying for it so she doesn't blow her money.

I have to admit that I have done a bad job of teaching her to budget herself. Tom is trying to teach her now so she doesn't struggle through college or have to eat Ramen noodles at every meal. (I would never let that happen.) But she can burn through money like you wouldn't believe. It has slowed down alot since she started dating Joe because he won't allow her to pay for anything when they go places. He is very much old school. He firmly believes that the guy always pays. Hopefully she will learn before she gets in financial trouble how to budget herself.

No comments: