Thursday, June 01, 2006

My ex-boyfriend died

My mom called me yesterday and told me that my ex-boyfriend, Tim, died. He and I dated for over a year when I was 12. We did more together than any guy I dated....not naughty stuff of course, but we went to horse shows together, I have a picture of the two of us on an elephant at the zoo, and he would come over just about every day because my brother was dating his mom. He even stayed over all night long a few times when my parents made sausage. They would smoke the sausage all night long so they needed to stay awake so they could check on it periodically throughout the night. We loved those nights because we would stay up and play games, watch TV and drink NUMEROUS mugs of mom's homemade hot chocolate. Our tongues had no feeling on the tip anymore after a night like that. And we still went to school the next day! We were pale and exhausted because we hadn't slept all night but we went and amazingly didn't fall asleep in class! We wrote letters to each other everyday and even had shirts made that had "Made for loving him" and "Made for loving her" on the front and our names on the back. We just thought we were hopelessly in love.....at 12 and 13! lol I haven't seen him since our 8th grade graduation. But he was still as handsome as I remembered. When I knew him, he was a wonderful guy and from his obituary, he was till the day he died.

According to the report my mom received, he was found dead in his apartment and they don't know what caused it. I am saddened by this because of the good memories. I know this is just the beginning though. The older I get, the more childhood friends are going to pass away. That's life but I sure don't like it.

Please say a prayer for his family! I know his mom is grieving, as are his brother and sister.

Here is the obituary:

Funeral services for Timothy Dupre will be Saturday June 3, 2006 at 10:30 a.m. in the St. Anthony Catholic Church in Krotz Springs. Burial will be in the church cemetery.

Fr. Mark Ledoux will officiate the services.

Mr. Dupre, 38, died Tuesday May 30, 2006.

He was a native of Krotz Springs and resided in Spring Texas. He was a 1987 graduate of Port Barre High School. He held an Accounting Degree from Remington College. He graduated in May 2000 Magna Cum Laude from Viterbo Catholic College in La Crosse, Wisconsin with a Batchelor Degree in Registered Nursing. His passion in life was animals. He was a highly profiled and highly successful person in show dogs specializing in poodles. He has many champion poodles and clients from all over the country as well as the world. He is featured in several magazines as well as winning several shows on television. He was presently employed as the Executive Director of the Divita - Houston Kidney Center specializing in in home dialysis for patients. Tim touched the lives of everyone he came in contact with. His smile and kindness will be missed by family and all of his many friends.

Mr. Dupre is survived by his mother, LouElla Ardoin Hyatt of Krotz Springs, La.; step father, J. B. Hyatt of Krotz Springs, La.; sister, Cynthia Dupre Stelly and husband Mike Stelly of Krotz Springs, La.; brother, Travis Barker and wife Heather Barker of Krotz Springs, La; two nieces, Halie Stelly and Arielle Barker both of Krotz Springs, La.; 3 nephews, Cpl. Michael Stelly, USMC, Logan Stelly and Wyatt Barker all of Krotz Springs, La.; maternal grandfather, Neson Ardoin and maternal step grandmother, Nita Ardoin both of Pine Prairie, La.; maternal great aunt, Yvonne Fontenot of Opelousas, La.; uncle, Lawrence Ardoin and wife Enola Ardoin of Eunice, La.

Preceded in death by his maternal grandmother, Lou Ray Guillory Ardoin and maternal uncle James L. Ardoin, Sr.

Visitation will be Friday June 2, 2006 at 11 a.m. and will remain open all night.

A rosary will be recited Friday at 6:30pm.

Lafond-Ardoin Funeral Home of Krotz Springs is in charge of arrangements.

2 comments:

realtigerfan said...

Nette,

This is Cindy, Tim's sister. My daughter somehow stumbled across this blog page and immediately called me at work. I am trying to figure out who you are. LOL!! Did we live in Krantz' trailer park then or did we live by the levee? What was your brother's name? I would love to found out.

We are still trying to find out what happend to Tim. We are all still traumatized by that phone call we got on the morning of May 30, 2006. We had just spent a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with him at his home in Houston and got home Monday night and got the call at 8 on Tuesday morning.

Thanks!

Nette said...

Cindy, I sent you an email to realtigerfan@gmail.com. Did you get it? If not, email me your address and I'll send it to you again. mrstalltomm@gmail.com.