Thursday, June 01, 2006

Our little bully

Katie woke up in a bad mood yesterday and it didn't get better as the day went on. Well right before Tom got home from work, I was eating chicken wings and Katie always wants to give Belle (our dog) bones. Well I told her yesterday she had to wait till daddy got home because she has a bad habit of putting Belle's food and bones in her water. No matter how many times she has gotten in trouble for it, she still does it. Well yesterday Tom came in from work, grabbed the bones and took them out to Belle. Katie came in the room 5 minutes later wanting to know where the bones went. Tom told her he took them out. Katie got MAD! She told Tom "I'm mad at you! I wanted to give Belle the bones. I don't like you anymore. I don't want you to come home anymore!" Tom told her that was ugly and she is not allowed to talk to him like that and that she needs to apologize. She refused. But she tried to do what she does EVERY day....climb up on his lap. He wouldn't let her. She tried 5 or 6 times and finally got so mad she stomped off to her room saying "FINE! I'm going to my room and I'm NEVER coming back until you want me to!" That made us laugh. She is going to stay in there till she is 18? hahaha Well she came out....on her own....5 minutes later and tried AGAIN to climb up on Tom's lap. He refused to let her up there until she apologized. He looked at her, waiting for an apology. What he got was "You should have let ME give Belle the bones!" That was it for Tom. He said "Look little girl, I'M the boss...not you. I will give Belle anything I want to and I don't care what you think about it! Now you apologize or go back to your room." So she said "I apologize" in a very begrudging tone and climbed up on his lap. When she got up on his lap, she whispered "I'm the boss." HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She says this all the time. I don't argue with her. I tell her it doesn't matter what she says or what she thinks, mommy and daddy are the boss and that's final. I just couldn't believe after all that, she was still being defiant and declaring herself the boss! I can see it now....she is going to be the one that is always in the principal's office for her smart mouth and fighting.

Speaking of fighting, that reminds me...Katie's favorite thing to do nowadays is fight. She begs Tom and Brittanie to get down on the floor with her and fight. Tom did the play fighting with Brittanie too....still does from time to time....and it was more like wrestling. But Katie punches. She may be small and only 3, but she hits HARD. I had considered putting her in karate to teach her discipline. But she is so headstrong, I am afraid the discipline part will go in one ear and out the other and she will absorb how to hurt people instead.

She is definitely a challenge. I've never seen such a determined 3-year-old!

No comments: