Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pictures

I was up all night Sunday night typing and checking on Katie and went to bed relatively early Monday night. Well at 2am, I heard Katie coughing. Tom had just gotten in bed and told me that he just gave her some Ibuprofen cold. I checked the label and it has nothing for cough in it. So I rubbed her chest with Johnson's baby soothing vapor cream and gave her some Prolex DM for the cough (which she almost didn't keep down....that stuff is nasty!). While I was up, I decided to check my e-mail and saw that my wonderful father-in-law had sent me pictures he took at Brittanie's drill team competition at Keenan High School a couple of weeks ago. They came out great so I wanted to post them.

Here is Brittanie before the drill team competition. That's Major Norton behind her with the sunglasses and Master Sgt behind her and to the left. Major Norton is in charge of the entire Swansea High School JROTC program. Master Sgt is an instructor and coach of the drill teams. We love these guys! Not as much as we love 1st Sgt but shhhh that's a secret! hehehe

Here is Brittanie leading her platoon, either about to start or just finishing their routine. By the way, that's Randy in the back row on the left.

Here is Randy leading his squad in the armed drill competition. That's our batallion commander next to Brittanie.

As you can see, Katie had fun at Brittanie's competition that day as well. At one point, during the awards ceremony, Tom thought she was walking towards Grandpa and all of a sudden she darted out in the middle of the ceremony, making Tom have to chase her and getting a big laugh out of the cadets who were trying to be serious.

1st Sgt. told Brittanie that she had to drop something. He thinks she has too much on her plate right now. So she decided to drop rifle team. I was not at all happy with this decision but it is hers to make. There is a girl on her rifle team that has been a pain in her neck for over a year now and at the Keenan competition she outshot Brittanie and couldn't wait to rub it in Brittanie's face. I asked Brittanie if she does that to her when she outshoots that girl. She said no. She doesn't even hang around for the results. Brittanie sees it as a team sport whereas this girl sees it as an opportunity to annoy Brittanie. Things got heated at the Keenan competition and the girl just about got her butt kicked. So I guess it is no surprise that Brittanie would choose the drill team over rifle team so she wouldn't have to deal with this girl anymore. She said drill team is more of a challenge as well. So even though I'm very disappointed, I have to respect her decision. Maybe next year she will do rifle team again since that girl is graduating this year and won't be a factor next year!

No comments: