Sunday, October 08, 2006

Unreal!

I'm seeing red today. I check dailyworld.com everyday to keep up with what is happening where I grew up. Well I read a story earlier this week about the church secretary at a Catholic church in Port Barre being arrested for stealing money. Well in a surprise turn of events, the priest has been arrested too. Here are the stories, in case anyone is interested: First story and second one

It talks about how residents are shocked over the priest's arrest. I'm not shocked, I'm outraged. The Catholic diocese all over the country has, for years, kept tight lipped about priests molesting little boys. They tried so hard to keep that quiet and moved the molesting priests all around so they could molest a new batch of children. Not once did they call the police. But DON'T mess with their money! Now THAT is important! I'm not trying to say that stealing is ok. Obviously it isn't. But I would have anyone arrested in a heartbeat for inappropriately touching children before I would arrest someone for stealing. I know in God's eyes sin is sin. But stealing money will not psychologically scar a child for life the way child molestation will.

This whole thing is sad and lets everyone know what is important to the Catholic Diocese.

No comments: