Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Discovery Kids

Katie has missed the last two days of school with a low grade fever and upper respiratory junk. Today she wanted to watch "The Magic School Bus" so I put it on. Discovery Kids needs to get with the program. They have commercials throughout their programming. Katie is very OCD and when things work a certain way, any change will make her wig out. She is used to watching Nickelodeon, which doesn't put commericals in their programming....only after a program is over. Katie also watches movies....no commercials. When I watch the things I record on TiVo, she sees me fast forward past the commercials. Well she has been wigging out at having to watch commercials during "The Magic School Bus." She just doesn't understand why I can't FF past the commercials. This feeling of annoyance at the commercials is greatly intensified by the fact that she doesn't feel good and, as she told me 100 times yesterday, she misses her daddy.

From now on, we are sticking with Nickelodeon and DVD's!

No comments: