Thursday, December 07, 2006

She's 4 going on 24

Tom is the one who always takes Katie to school in the morning. Since Tom has been in Ireland, I am taking Katie to school. Tom never goes through car line. He always parks and walks her in. Katie has been sick this week so today was her first day since Tom left. Well Mr. J opened up the van door, helped her out and a 6th grader is supposed to walk all kindergarteners to class. Well when I got there to pick her up, Mrs. Stephens, the Kindergarten Director, told me that when I drop Katie off in the morning, I need to remind her to wait for one of the 6th graders to walk her to class. Today, she didn't wait for a 6th grader to take her, she knew the way so she just walked herself to class. That's a good distance from where I drop her off and she has to pass through a piece of the kindergarten parking lot to get to the building. So obviously it isn't safe for them to go by themselves. After Mrs. Stephens told me that she had gone by herself, I looked at Katie and asked her why she did that. She said "I'm a big girl! I wasn't scared." She then rolled her eyes like I was nuts for even asking.

After I picked her up, I went to Wachovia to make a deposit and after I got my receipt, she said "NO SUCKER?" She was outraged. I told her this bank doesn't give suckers. She said "I told you to lean back so they could see me!" I told her again that this isn't the branch that gives suckers. She said "Why did we go here then? I told you we need to go to the bank with suckers when you have to go to the bank!" So bossy!! But I'm not about to drive all the way to Highway 378 through the hospital traffic just so Katie can have a 3 cent sucker!

On the way home, we always listen to the Veggie Tales CD I bought her for her birthday. We love it. Well "I'll fly away" was playing and it came to the part where they sing "When I die hallelujah by and by" and Katie said "Oh I hate that word!" I asked what word she was talking about and she said "I hate that word "hallewoowah." I asked her why and she said "Mr. Nezzer on her Veggie Tales movie says that word too and I hate it!" She couldn't ever tell me why she hated that word, she just did. So I told her that hallelujah was just another way to say "praise the Lord." She said "So say "praise the Lord" cuz I hate hallelujah!" She's something else!

She is definitely 4 going on 24. Unfortunately she is opinionated and bossy and she gets it honestly. lol

No comments: