Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The latest

Tom is home from Ireland!!! He got here at 10:15 last night. We were thrilled to see him. Unfortunately, Brittanie was working tonight so she wasn't here when he came home but he stayed up till she got home. He was exhausted, as you can imagine! It is so good to have him home where he belongs!

I have an update on Subway. They finally paid Brittanie for the two days they owe her. Also, one of the workers there told Brittanie that they have been losing workers left and right because of Kyle and the owner's response to one worker was "Kyle is a good guy. I don't know what is wrong with you people!" Well yesterday she came home with a story that you would think would make her no longer believe that.....but it didn't. Seems Kyle was working with Warren one night (Warren has been there awhile and he closes when Kyle isn't on duty...a trusted employee. Brittanie said Warren was a great supervisor.) and "allegedy" (don't want this jerk to sue me) Kyle was being his normal obnoxious self. Warren talked back to him and let him know he wasn't going to sit there an take Kyle's verbal abuse that he gave to everyone and Kyle "allegedly" hit him and gave him a black eye. Brittanie saw Warren's eye at school. Now remember me posting about the security cameras? Obviously you can't miss an employee standing there and having Kyle punch him, right? He didn't get fired!!!!! That woman is lucky that isn't my son he punched because I would have had him arrested and then bring a civil suit against him and the owner. The owner of that restaurant is gambling that none of these parents will ever make her be accountable for the way her supervisor treats her employees. This could have easily been the case to hit her where she would feel it most....in her wallet. This boy......I don't care if he is 19, he is acting like a stupid boy...not a man.....needs to go to the Babcock Center because he is obviously mentally handicapped if he thinks that treating people like this is acceptable behavior. I'm so glad Brittanie got out of there when she did. Knowing Brittanie's temper, this could have easily been her. I don't believe for a minute that he wouldn't hit her. If a man finds it acceptable to verbally abuse a woman, he is capable of physical abuse as well. But anyway, I feel so bad for the kids, like Brittanie, who just want to work and make money and are subject to his abuse, which is being condoned and, insanely enough, defended by the owner. In a day where most teens repel at the thought of getting a job, having your first job be a situation like this could give them the excuse they need to not want to work for as long as possible. That's truly sad!!

But on a more positive note, tonight I went by Sonic and Brittanie was working the drive-thru. She said "We're having a great night at Sonic. This is Brittanie. May I take your order?" I said "NO!" The lady in the car in front of me looked at me in her rear view mirror, which made me laugh. I did give her my order and she knew from me ordering chicken strip wacky pack with a grape Sprite that it was me! She said "Mom? What are you doing here?" I said "ordering a pizza. What do you think?" hehehe It was neat seeing her at work like that. She had it all under control. I'm so proud of her. She takes pride in her job and told me again this weekend that Sonic keeps you hopping and she is exhausted when she gets home but it is a good tired because it is mixed with a feeling of accomplishment, which feels really good.

Now on to Katie news. Katie is sick again. She wasn't feeling good last week, I kept her home for three days and she was totally better when she went back Thursday. She was there two days and is now worse than she was before. Her pediatrician is out until the 19th and there were only two doctors in the office yesterday and they were booked solid. So I have an appointment today at 2pm. She was thrilled to see Tom. He brought home some candy from Ireland. One bag was a bag of assorted mini chocolate bars made by Cadbury. Now we have Cadbury here but these were totally different than the ones we have here. Well Katie ate a Starburst, which he brought home from Ireland, and it was the same as ours. But when she took a bite of that Cadbury chocolate bar, she closed her eyes and had a look of euphoria on her face. It was hilarious! She is definitely her daddy's child.....LOVES chocolate. Unfortunately for Tom, it is a migraine trigger for him so he has to avoid it unless he wants a migraine. But I thought it was so funny how she could have such a strong reaction to chocolate at such a young age.

Well I heard Katie coughing at 4:30am so I got up to give her some cough syrup and figured while I was up, I might as well update my blog and start typing. So now that I have updated my blog, I'm going to start my day. Yall have a good day!!


No comments: