Monday, December 11, 2006

Ya gotta love Congressman Joe Wilson!!

I e-mailed Congressman Joe Wilson, at Brittanie's request, to ask him to attend Swansea High School's military ball on March 9th. I sent the e-mail yesterday and this morning when I got up, there was a personal response from him in my inbox. He is going to check his schedule and if he is free, he will attend. This is just one of the many reasons to love Joe Wilson. He really cares about the people he represents. Swansea High School is just a speck on the map but we are still important to Congressman Wilson. Our family has always supported Joe Wilson. Brittanie even walked a VERY long parade route this summer at the Watermelon Festival in the low country passing out Joe Wilson stickers. We were thrilled when he was, once again, chosen to represent us in Washington.

Congressman Wilson's closing paragraph is just typical of the man he is:

It is an honor to represent the people of the Second
Congressional District of South Carolina, and I value your input.
If I may be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to
contact me.
I hate it when we elect someone to office and they get the big head and forget how they got where they are. Joe Wilson is not one of those men. I posted a letter I received from Governor Sanford's office awhile back and commented how personal touches mean so much. This latest personal touch from Congressman Wilson makes me proud of my party and proud of the men who represent me!

Keep up the great work gentleman!!

No comments: