Sunday, December 10, 2006

Only 2 days left!!

Tom didn't call yesterday as he was out and about all day. He said he got stuck in the Ireland version of Harbison at Christmas time. That's misery for us. We hate traffic and shopping so Harbison, while it is a beautiful area and everything is so convenient, is not for us.

Obviously the people of Ireland speak English. Well they don't speak southern English. Today when Tom called, Brittanie was on my phone with her boyfriend (grrrr! She has her own phone for that!) and didn't answer the call waiting fast enough. Well I made her go get her phone, which is a Vonage phone, because we can call Ireland free because we have the unlimited plan. I got the number of Tom's hotel in Letterkenny and called it. The hotel clerk couldn't understand what I was saying! I ended up having to spell our last name to him and he got it. I was telling this to Tom and he told me that he and Rod had the same problem at an ice cream shop they went to. Rod wanted pecans and pralines. Now in South Carolina they pronounced it "pee cans" and "pray leans" But the people in Ireland pronounce it the same way my family in Louisiana pronounces it.... "puhcahns" and "prahleans." So they didn't understand what he wanted. They ended up having to get him a menu and have him point. Sometimes it is hard to translate English to English. hehehe

Tom is, as I'm typing this, watching the Panthers game on the Slingbox. He probably won't yell as much at this game because Jake Delhomme isn't in there to annoy him. I love Jake....he's a Cajun boy....what's not to love? But he has been playing really bad and when he plays bad, Tom yells. He is a passionate Panthers fan!

But anyway, we are down to two days and I can't wait!! He won't be home until late Tuesday night but at least he will be home!!

No comments: