Friday, December 15, 2006

Katie

I was supposed to take Katie to the doctor Wednesday but her doctor is out until the 19th and the only doctor available to see her has the bedside manner of a rock. So I made an appointment yesterday at Brittanie's practice with Dr. Hicks....we just love him! He gave her a shot of Rocephin like Katie always has to get because oral antibiotics tear up her stomach. She is still coughing and has ALOT of sinus yuckiness. She is also still running fever. She is real clingy until the Tylenol or Motrin kick in and then she is wide open for two hours....then back to clingy. She is just miserable with the sinus stuff and it is red under her little nose. I feel so bad for her! Hopefully that shot will kick in and she will be back to normal by Monday so she won't miss her Christmas party at school. She told my mom on the phone yesterday that she got a shot at the doctor's office and she knows that God is taking care of her. Smart girl!!

Last night, I was trying to cook and she was under my feet in the kitchen playing with noisy toys and banging things and after telling her 100 times to please go to her playroom with that stuff, I got mad and threatened to whip her butt if she didn't get out of the kitchen with that stuff. She said "Ohhhh! You are ruining my Christmas!" Where does she come up with this stuff???

Please keep Katie in your prayers and us too that we don't catch this stuff from her this close to Christmas!

No comments: