Wednesday, August 06, 2008

How many 5 year olds shower?

Katie has been asking us to let her shower instead of take a bath. Last night, we finally agreed. She stayed in the shower till the hot water was all gone and sang the whole time. She loved it. I thought maybe she had got it out of her system and would go back to baths. I was wrong. Tonight I told her to go take a bath and she said "Shower." She is in the shower singing as I type this. How many 5 years old want to take a shower instead of a bath? Brittanie was 10 when she gave up baths. I was in college before I had my first shower because my parents only had tubs....no showers.

I am thrilled that she wants to take a shower instead of a bath. I have always hated baths. I never felt clean after a bath because I couldn't get past the fact that I was washing my body and hair in the same water my rear end was in. That's just gross.

Here is yet another example of how Katie just marches to the beat of a different drum. Most 5 year olds wouldn't give up their baths and playing in the tub to shower. Katie is definitely unique.

No comments: