Monday, August 18, 2008

Katie's first day of K5

Today Katie starts full day Kindergarten and I couldn't be happier. 3 years of getting her ready in the morning and leaving at 11:30 to pick her up has finally come to an end. I should be able to accomplish more during the day now. I cooked her eggs and made her strawberry milk and she was in heaven and told me it was her lucky day and she was excited about starting K5!

We had a wardrobe malfunction. The skirt Brittanie bought that would have been perfect with the shiny shirt (which Katie LOVES), was way too big. Brittanie told me if I put a belt with it, which she bought, it would fit just right. So we grabbed the belt and guess what? The belt is too small. so the skirt is huge and the belt is tiny so we had to change skirts. Then Tom kicked into daddy mode and thought the skirt I did put on her was too short. I told him the dress code is top of the knee. This skirt goes to the top of the knee. Well he went and got a pair of shorts to put under it.
Men! If they dressed daughters, they would look like Arab women with just their eyes showing.

But here she is on her first day of school c
omplete with the yucky masculine name tag. I did straighten the skirt after I took this picture. But we were rushed so I didn't notice it was not right until after I took the picture.

No comments: