Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's the weekend!

Friday, Tom took the day off and he and Brittanie drove up to Spartanburg to watch the Panthers practice. It was a bust because they weren't practicing any plays and seemed to be practicing running on and off the field as a team more than anything else. But it was good quality time for Tom and Brittanie. She worked 6 hours Friday night, 8 hours yesterday, and is scheduled for 8 hours today and tomorrow. She is exhausted. Welcome to the real world! While she was at work, she got a bunch of text messages from her friends begging her to go to a party at the home of a girl they all graduated with because this will be the last time they are all together before they all go off to college. She wanted to go but was so tired. She got home from work at 8:30pm. She wanted to take a shower and go to bed. I told her she can sleep when she is old and encouraged her to go. She got ready and went and it wasn't very long before she was back home. She said they were all drunk and since she doesn't drink and hates drunks, she came home. I'm so proud of her.

Last night, Frank and Lynn came over to play Pictionary with us and we had a great time, as usual. They just got back from a long road trip to San Francisco and back and we loved the stories. I loved looking at the pictures they took (on myspace) on the trip and hearing about it.
It made me jealous. I want to go!! Lynn brought her world famous brownies. Last weekend I made brownies and asked Tom if they were as good as Lynn's. He didn't even hesitate to tell me no! Last night after they left, we were talking about the brownies she brought last night and he said "Man those things are incredible! I don't know what she does but she makes the best brownies!" He's right. Last night she put toffee chips in them. They were outstanding. Good friends....good food....it was a GREAT night.

I am glad they came last night because I'm really struggling with the thought of Brittanie moving out next Saturday. I needed to get my mind off of it. I know she is only 20 minutes away but man I'm going to miss her being home every night! I love hearing about her day when she gets home from school. They grow up entirely too fast! I cried 4 times yesterday and have already started again this morning. I don't think I'd ever be ready to let her go though.

While we were playing Pictionary, Jonathan took Katie to EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia and took her out to eat afterwards, and then stopped by Wendy's and got her the handspun strawberry shake she has been begging us for. She had a great time with him. We were grateful that he took her out so we could play in peace. I love her but she is hyper and makes it hard to concentrate. I am going to miss Jonathan when he goes back to Germany at the end of the month. I love having him here. Hopefully he will get promoted to warrant officer and be back here next summer for warrant officer school for a year. That's what I'm praying for!! If he doesn't get warrant officer, he will be deployed to Iraq for the third time for a year. That's torture for those of us that love him.

No comments: