Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Microwave problems AGAIN

Saturday the microwave we bought at the end of May died. It is so frustrating. We have gone through this with rice cookers until I started unplugging them after each use. That's what we are going to have to start doing with the microwave. I thought of moving it to a different place in the kitchen thinking something in the outlet was causing it. But the can opener is plugged into the same outlet and it has been there forever. Tom bought that microwave at the Wal-Mart in Orangeburg but tried to take it back to the Wal-Mart in West Columbia. They wouldn't take it back because we didn't have the receipt and the serial number was telling them we bought it April 30th. Nope. We bought it May 22nd. I know this because I blogged about the microwave going out and I know we bought the new one the day after it went out. (Tom, Brittanie, and Jessica pick at me for blogging everything, but it is helpful sometimes!) So he is going to try to take it back to the Orangeburg Wal-Mart and hopefully they will be able to take it back.

Monday I took all the clothes out of Katie's closet and made a pile for Goodwill, a pile to try on, and rehung the ones that she can wear again this year. There was a Tommy Hilfiger dress that I tried on her that she was having trouble getting her head through the neck hole. She said "Mom help! I can't get my whopper head through!" Just a minute ago, she was trying to put a sweatshirt on (it is freezing in here but I know it will warm up later so I'm leaving the AC alone), and she couldn't get her head through the neck hole. She came to me and asked me to get her head through it. She asked me why her head was so big. I told her it was all the smarts in there....they need lots of room. She said "Yeah right. That's stupid mom." Tom's child! Have mercy!

Brittanie is working today and then is off for over a week. She moves into her apartment Saturday. Sunday, she is going with Courtney and her cousin, Jessica, to Concord Mills Mall near Charlotte, NC for a 3 day shopping trip to buy clothes and stuff for the apartment. They are coming back Tuesday. Wednesday she has to report to ROTC to get her uniform. Thursday she starts classes.

Katie has open house at Grace on Friday and school starts Monday. I'm thrilled. She is excited but scared. She is worried about having a mean teacher. I don't know why though. She has had great teachers there since she was in daycare! She even had great teachers when she went to Swansea First Baptist K3. But she has always been my worrier.

No comments: