Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Misadventures of Dish Network Day 3

Well two different installers came out today to install our Dish Network HD satellite. One guy was professional but let us know that his company has never installed this dish before because it just came out August 20th. But he was going to give it his best. He did it and we are now on the Dish Network. BUT his assistant, Bubba, was another story. I wasn't impressed at all. His eyes were the most blood shot eyes I have ever seen. Katie asked him why his eyes were so red and he said he didn't get any sleep last night. Uhhhh huh. He kept picking on Katie, which made me uncomfortable but I was here to keep an eye on him so I didn't say anything. While the professional guy was outside working, he sat on the sofa and nodded off to sleep. Then right before they left, Katie was in her room and the professional guy and Tom were in our bedroom so he could show Tom how to do something and Bubba got up and walked into the kitchen and I heard the refrigerator door open. My first thought was that I must have been mistaken about where Katie was and she was now in the fridge. Just as I thought that, Katie came bouncing down the hall. Just as Katie came down the hall, I heard the refrigerator door close. We were the only ones in the house so I knew Bubba had been snooping in my fridge!! When the professional guy and Tom came back into the living room, he asked if we had any questions because he was about to leave. I said "Yes. I have a question. Is that guy drunk? He just went into my refrigerator!" He was surprised....but didn't answer the question. He and Tom went outside and the guy asked Bubba about going in my fridge and of course he denied it but, again, we were the only ones in the house and everyone was accounted for! I couldn't believe the nerve of him! I'm all for southern hospitality but there is a limit! You just don't go into someone's house that you don't even know and snoop in their fridge!

But after all of that, we have HD satellite and the picture is beautiful. I'm just glad it is over. Right now we are worried because WACH Fox 57's HD is out right now. Tom will NOT be happy if it isn't back in time for the next Panthers game.

No comments: