Monday, August 25, 2008

Katie's computer

Katie inherited Brittanie's computer after she moved out and got her laptop. Tom stripped every trace of Windows off of it and loaded it with Ubuntu (Linux). He is going to start her off right! Well she is used to using my laptop, which has a trackball mouse. That is the only mouse she has ever used. Well now she has a regular mouse with her computer and absolutely hates it. She has been growling and sighing in frustration because she hates that mouse. I can't help but laugh everytime she said "UGHHH STUPID MOUSE!!" But she is really enjoying Ubuntu. It has lots of games, including a typing tutorial game, that she enjoys playing. She has been to hubbabubba.com and leapsterworld.com. But I think we are going to have to end up getting her a trackball mouse so she can play effectively.

What's funny is that almost every adult that has tried to use my mouse has told me they hated it and usually end up making me use it for them because they can't get it. Katie doesn't want to use the "easy" mouse. She wants the trackball. She is doing something many adults can't. That's my baby!

No comments: